"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm Still Asking Why



If you are anything like me there are just certain things that are very hard to let go of and accept. One of those things I am still struggling with is why DISTRICT 9 did not get the best picture award last year. The film was a spectacular achievement and presented science fiction in its purest form. I would say it easily belongs in the same hall of classics like E.T. and ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND. The movie just got everything right and the fact that it didn't have any big name actors makes it all the more amazing. However, as you all know, DISTRICT 9 did not get the best picture award. Honestly, I can't remember the last time the film I thought was the best picture did get the award. I'll just have to accept that those who typically decide what wins and what doesn't may not look at film from the same perspective as I do. So here is to a best picture that I will hopefully agree with for 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Hurt Locker SHOULD NOT HAVE WON. That movie was not realistic at all and I thought not nearly as entertaining as District 9.

    ReplyDelete