"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11

Monday, May 17, 2010

Greenman Sculpture


This is a greenman sculpture I created in class as a teacher example for my 7th graders for their last clay project. It turned out pretty nicely considering it is the first one I have done and I haven't worked with water-based clay for quite some time. This is the first year I have had a kiln available to me at school so I am able to do clay with the kids. Water-based clay has usually frustrated me in the past mostly because it dries out very easily and tends to crack apart sometimes when it dries but I am getting more comfortable with the material as I work with it more in the classroom.
>

2 comments:

  1. Funny. It seems like a mayan god, although you are the true creator. You creating a god... ironic.

    Water based clay is the only clay I seem to be able to create anything even slightly good with. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete