"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11

Sunday, May 9, 2010

St. George and the Dragon Children's Book Concept


This maquette was the result of a children's book illustration course I took at the University of Findlay this past fall for my masters degree. The concept was a re-imagining of the legend of St. George with St. George as a frog and the dragon portrayed by a crocodile. A frog naturally could not ride a horse so his horse became a squirrel. The piece stands about 10 inches tall.

3 comments:

  1. I just love how this piece is turning out. I hope that you can get it painted really cool to bring out even more of your wonderful details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think that you should have created a "fictional" character of a PE teacher who saves all of the children from the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream on dad, dream on.

    Shaun,
    I enjoy that story myself. My current picture on my blog can attest to that. It is amazing for a mere children book.

    ReplyDelete