"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11

Monday, May 3, 2010

H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu


This is a character that I have been very interested in for quite some time and I noticed that there haven't really been many sculptures created that are accurately based on Lovecraft's original description of this creature. The subject also offered me an opportunity to combine a number of elements from my favorite movie monsters of my childhood: the Rancor from RETURN OF THE JEDI, the queen alien from ALIENS, and the dragon from DRAGONSLAYER. Cthulhu stands about 17 inches tall and was sculpted in Super Sculpey over a wire armature. This is a one of kind sculpture that was sold to a collector in 2006.

1 comment:

  1. Shaun, I have scene alot of your work and now I can appriciate them even more with the background of where you get your inspiration. You are very talented and creative....keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete